Do you have a Facebook account? If you do, and you spend any amount of time looking at your newsfeed you have probably seen a Facebook Live. It’s possible that you have even done a Facebook Live, or at a minimum have considered it. If you have thought about it, but haven’t done it, what’s holding you back? Is it the fear of not really knowing what you should talk about?
We live in the age of reality television where people are interested in the lives of others. Social media and technology have made it possible for anyone to be the subject of a live video as well as get a view into the lives of others. This trend allows us to get to know complete strangers without ever actually meeting them in person.
Why Do Facebook Lives?
If you have an interest in building a business or a brand online, Facebook Lives are an excellent way to do that. Facebook Lives give you an opportunity to engage with your audience and give people an opportunity to see who you are, how you sound, what you think about, etc. People like to do business with people that they know and trust; Facebook gives you a platform to build that online relationship through Facebook Lives.
What Should You Talk About In A Facebook Live?
There are three primary types of Facebook Lives that provide good content for your friends and followers.
- Empowering – inspirational, motivational, etc.
- Entertaining – concert, kids playing, sporting event, etc.
- Educational – training, tips, coaching, etc.
If you think about what you do everyday it is probable that you have an endless list of ideas for your Facebook Lives.
How To Do A Facebook Live
There is a framework that will help make your Facebook Live more effective and engaging, and it is four very simple steps.
- Introduction – introduce yourself to your audience, let them know your name and what you plan to talk about.
- Question – ask a question to get the audience to engage with you (where are you watching from is an easy example).
- Content – share your content, show the audience something at the event, etc.
- Call To Action -what do you want the audience to do (like and share your Facebook Live or take some other action)?
Additional Tips For Your Facebook Live
- Don’t delay getting started. Once you go live begin talking and sharing info, don’t wait for people to join. The reason for this is because most people will watch your live as a replay and if they have to wait more than a few seconds before you start talking, they will move onto the next thing.
- Ask questions throughout your live to increase engagement. You can ask a question or two at the beginning and in the middle.
- Start today, it’s easier after the first one, AND they are actually fun.
If you want to increase engagement on your FB page, and you are interested in building a business or brand online, Facebook Lives are a great way to accomplish it. They are fun and easy, and anyone with a Facebook account can do them. Try it today.
P.S. If you would like tips on how to create the lifestyle of your dreams, fill out the form on my site ‘Create the Life of Your Dreams’. If you would like to find out more about working with me, please visit the Work With Tracy tab on my page.
P.S.S. To read more of my posts, visit my blog.
If you have a business and are looking for a way to generate more leads for your business, take a look at this innovative marketing tool .
If you are looking for training and leads for your network marketing company or internet marketing business, this system could really help you.
Be Bold. Be Confident. Have Fun.
If you enjoyed this post about Facebook Lives, please comment and share.